Company: Volunteers of America Los Angeles
Job Title: Temporary (six months) Full-Time Job/Classification Analyst
Location: Able to work from home – approximately 85% of the time
This Job Analyst/Classification position will work within VOALA’s HR department by conducting in-depth research about VOALA occupations and job descriptions. Focus on job analysis, writing job descriptions, classifying exemptions status of jobs, and creating classification standards for job families. Develop and implement a job description inventory and management system.
Job Duties and Responsibilites:
- Identify and agree to the project scope and the deadlines for the project.
- Gather information about jobs through interviewing employees, observing performance in certain tasks, and gathering detailed information from new and existing job descriptions. Will also require that job information questions be completed and by collecting further information from other sources as needed / identified.
- Compile and synthesize Information: Studies current occupational data and compiles distribution reports, organizational flow charts and other background information required for study
- Write up the information and findings and complete an analysis – synthesize of the data. Review with management and the senior managers/supervisors (including the COO) as identified. Edit the documentation by adding, deleting or modifying duties, knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics and requirements relevant to the job as identified form this review. Analyzes occupational data, such as physical, mental, and training requirements of jobs and workers and develops written summaries, such as job descriptions, job specifications, and lines of career movement
- Create draft job descriptions and classification standards for final review and approval by the Senior Manager, Compensation, Benefits, and HRIS
- Develop, recommend and implement a job description inventory and management system
- As identified, will create training content and materials, training methods, and assessment tests
- As identified, will create interview questions, applicant appraisal forms, and orientation materials
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, business or related field.
- Minimum three years’ experience in job analysis and job description writing
- Demonstrated experience with large job classification projects
- Ability to work from home approximately 85% of time; and also at LA downtown location, approximately 15% of time
- Excellent project management and ability to meet deadlines and deliverables
- Possess superior communication, oral and written
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to collect and synthesize information
- Ability to understand a variety of viewpoints and backgrounds
- Reliable transportation to various work sites to observe employees performing their jobs and/or interview managers, as needed
About the Company:
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
How to Apply:Use link -