Job Title: Compensation Specialist (Contract or CTH)
Location: Irvine, CA 92618
Job Summary: Our financial services client, located in Irvine, conducts business in all 50 states and has a workforce of about 1,000 people. They are rapidly growing and need the services of a Compensation Specialist to help set up a corporate wide compensation program. This is an onsite, contract position in the robust HR department, but could evolve to Contract-to-Hire.
The Compensation Analyst is responsible for the design, development, implementation, and administration of compensation policies, procedures, practices, and programs. Analyst will research all relevant labor markets to ensure market competitiveness of pay philosophy and pay ranges are in place.
Job Duties and Responsibilites:
- Administer job codes and position management to ensure data is current and accurate.
- Assess, implement and administer base pay compensation modules.
- Conduct job evaluations and participate in FLSA job evaluation reviews to determine exemption status, recommend grade assignments and update job descriptions.
- Conduct analyses of jobs, hourly wages, salaries, market pricing exercises, and incentives in order to evaluate internal equity, market competitiveness, and legal compliance of the company's pay practices.
- Evaluate job descriptions to ensure content reflects appropriate job responsibilities, activities, duties and requirements.
- Partner with recruiting to formulate internal and external job offers to ensure both external and internal equity.
- Plan, design, and administer base, variable, and incentive pay programs for the organization's employees.
- Prepares special studies and recommendations on subjects such plan design, pay equity, minimum wage, severance, budgeting and forecasting, etc.
- Regularly evaluates salary structure and compensation policies; recommends changes based on salary survey data and internal equity.
- Reviews requests for job analysis, including requests for new job titles or changes to existing jobs’ job descriptions, and approves changes if necessary.
- Supports the annual merit review process and the annual bonus process.
- Summarizes data, and provides management with analysis and recommendations in both written and verbal formats.
- Uses the HRIS system to pull reports to support program administration.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. CCP certification and PHR a plus
- 6-8 years’ experience in compensation administration
- Effective communication with internal and external customers of all levels, including Officers.
- Able to maintain data integrity through attention to detail and accuracy, prioritize and meet aggressive deadlines, and process, manipulate, and summarize reports.
- Analytical skills, including strong spreadsheet capabilities in Excel.
- Basic knowledge of state and federal laws relating to job classification and pay practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, project management, decision-making skills.
- High attention to detail and focus on information accuracy.
- Strong analytical and math skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong ethical standards and recognition of the importance of confidentiality and discretion.
About the Company:
Our financial services client, located in Irvine, conducts business in all 50 states and has a workforce of about 1,000 people.
How to Apply:
For more information please call Melanie McCarthy at ResourceXperts (562-592-2255) or send your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org