Job Title: Benefits Manager
Location: Foothill Ranch, CA
Job Summary: Reporting to the Vice-President, HR Americas, the Benefits Manager will be responsible for the design, implementation, and administration of all benefits, wellness, leave, and retirement programs at Össur Americas and it’s subsidiaries. The incumbent will develop ongoing benefits strategies to meet the needs of our organization and its employees, while maintaining regulatory compliance. The position will manage a Benefits Specialist.
Successful candidates will possess the knowledge and experience to design, revise, and administer benefits programs while operating under general direction. The position will be responsible for full-cycle administration and analysis of benefits, with emphasis on creating efficient processes that are accurate and compliant. The Benefits Manager will participate in due diligence and integration for mergers & acquisitions.
Job Duties and Responsibilites:
Health & Welfare Plans/Wellness:
- Lead benefits & wellness plan design to include current state analysis, renewal strategy, and costing scenarios.
- Administer annual open enrollment.
- Create and disseminate all benefits communications to the organization and employees, partnering with benefits broker and other vendors as needed.
- Manage wellness programs, including ongoing analysis of current program effectiveness, return on investment, and future revisions and enhancements.
- Drive participation in wellness through various internal campaigns. Create and disseminate communications.
- Responsible for overseeing all program and plan annual reporting and required testing. Lead all benefits audit projects.
- In partnership with the Benefits Specialist responsible for maintaining employee data in benefits, retirement, and wellness-related HR systems and databases.
- Vendor administration for benefits plans/carriers, Leaves of Absence, COBRA, FSA/HSA
- Invoice processing/account funding and auditing on a per-pay-period, monthly, and annual basis depending on plan and/or program.
- Partner with Payroll and HRIS to ensure that all deductions, rates, and codes for all benefits plans are maintained accurately in all systems. Provide all necessary updates to Payroll and HRIS each pay period for accurate and timely processing. Provide required benefits-related reporting each pay period to Finance & Accounting as necessary.
- Design competitive retirement plans for Össur and its subsidiaries (to include annual review).
- Establish and lead 401k committee to ensure fiduciary requirements are met.
- Audit deferrals and loans on a routine basis. Manage required annual reporting & compliance requirements for Ossur Americas and its subsidiaries.
- In partnership with 401(k) vendor, manage program education for employees.
- In partnership with Payroll, ensure accurate deductions and plan funding.
Leave of Absence Administration
- Partner with vendor to ensure that leaves are tracked and monitored effectively.
- Coordinate with HR Business partners, employees, and managers, to ensure that proper communication and coordination takes place.
- Coordinate benefits for employees on leave. Review and coordinate work accommodations as necessary.
Workers Compensation Administration
- Work with carrier on claims, providing required documentation/information. Routine coordination with carrier to review claims history, open cases, and potential risk assessments.
- Manage investigations with managers and employees to ensure accurate claims reporting.
- Annual insurance review and carrier evaluation.
- Annual OSHA reporting logs and postings.
- Leverage Workday and other systems to create efficient processes.
- Education as required to remain knowledgeable of latest regulations and trends.
- Develop and administer time off programs as necessary.
- Update policies and Employee Handbook as needed.
- Other duties & projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Broad and deep knowledge of the field with proven leadership & strategic skills.
- 7+ years’ experience in Benefits with experience leading Benefits projects that execute on broader HR strategies.
- Multi-state experience.
- Strong knowledge of benefits enrollment platforms, and the ability to design and build routine queries and reports.
- Workday experience strongly preferred
- Benefits enrollment platform experience required
- Excellent customer service, communication, interpersonal, teamwork and leadership skills. Ability to successfully partner and communicate with a wide variety of audiences
- Ability to work under pressure of time constraints essential.
- Demonstrated time management and client conflict resolution skills necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Organizing and coordinating schedules.
- Creating written communication.
- Strong working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
About the Company: Össur
The power to provide patients a life without limitations starts here
Össur is in the business of improving people’s mobility. A leading global company in non-invasive orthopedics, we deliver advanced and innovative technologies within the fields of prosthetics, braces, supports and compression therapy.
Experience and dedication
Determined to restore maximum biological function to those in need, Össur has more than thirty years’ experience in the design and production of high-tech orthopedic devices. Our newest platform is Bionic Technology by Össur - a precise fusion of artificial intelligence and human physiology that is transforming the technological landscape.
Our work, however, is as much about people as it is about products. Their comfort, confidence and rehabilitation are central to our endeavors. We never forget that every time we develop a product or service, we are helping someone else to build a better life.
How to Apply:
OR, Please send resumes and career inquiries to: