Company: MedImpact Healthcare Systems
Job Title: Benefits Manager
Location: San Diego, CA
The Benefits Manager is responsible for all aspects of the employee benefits function for MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc., its Subsidiaries and Affiliated companies. In coordination with the MedImpact Benefits Committee, benefits team, and external vendors/consultants, this role will oversee the strategic design, implementation, and administration of competitive employee benefit and wellbeing programs, and ensure compliance with state and federal regulations. The position also develops cost control procedures to assure maximum coverage at the least possible cost to company and employee.
Job Duties and Responsibilites:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. To ensure legal compliance with Benefits regulations, the following duties shall be successfully performed by the incumbent, in partnership with expert consultants/vendors and/or legal counsel, and benefits staff.
· Establish guidelines, policies and procedures for the administration of employee benefits programs by the benefits team to include retirement plans; fully & self-insured medical, dental, vision plans; life insurance plans; leave of absence, temporary disability programs; and wellbeing programs
· Provides coaching, training and audits work of other benefit team members
· Supports the renewal process through the evaluation of quotes and make recommendations to the Benefits Committee and management
· Implement benefits through effective employee communications via email, posted communications, and/or in person or web-based presentations
· Oversee implementation and ongoing revisions to Company’s benefits microsite and Mercer Marketplace 365 ensuring the sites provides employees, and potential employees, with up to date information on benefit programs
· Promote employee utilization of Mercer Marketplace call center, Health Advocate call center, insurance company call centers, and the benefits microsite to answer questions, or resolve benefits issues
· Assure company compliance and reporting with provisions of IRS, Employee Retirement Income Security Act, the Affordable Care Act, HIPAA and all other laws impacting benefits administration
· Provide subject matter expertise to Benefits Committee regarding plan updates and plan design changes surrounding both Health & Welfare, and the retirement plan
· Manage employee leave of absence program ensuring a high level of customer service and the company is legally compliant in all aspects of leave administration
Other Skills and Abilities
· Requires demonstrated knowledge of and experience with benefits administration and compliance best practices. Must have in-depth knowledge of government agency regulations and acts, (e.g., IRS, DOL, FMLA, COBRA, ERISA, HIPAA, PPACA, etc.) including legally required reporting and communications
· Requires strong problem solving, effective time management, organizational, and decision-making skills and the ability to handle confidential information
· Must be proficient utilizing various Microsoft Office applications, e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
· Requires the ability to quickly learn and effectively utilize HRIS systems such as Kronos, PeopleSoft, Ultimate Software, etc.
· Requires strong analytical and communication (verbal & written) skills
· Must be able to effectively operate in dynamic, fast paced environment with compressed timelines
· Must be results-oriented, with an ability to prioritize, plan accordingly, and handle multiple projects simultaneously
· Demonstrated ability to mentor, coach, counsel employees at all levels within the Company
· Demonstrated ability to manage, persuade and negotiate with vendors
· Strong persuasion, negotiation and verbal/written communication skills
· Highly developed detail orientation, initiative, problem solving and relationship building qualities
· Demonstrated ability to think globally, strategically and creatively
· Working knowledge of international and expatriate benefits a plus
About the Company:
MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc. is looking for extraordinary people to join our team!
Why join MedImpact? Because our success is dependent on you; innovative professionals with top notch skills who thrive on opportunity, high performance, and teamwork. We look for individuals who want to work on a team that cares about making a difference in the value of healthcare.
At MedImpact, we deliver leading edge pharmaceutical and technology related solutions that dramatically improve the value of health care. We provide superior outcomes to those we serve through innovative products, systems, and services that provide transparency and promote choice in decision making. Our vision is to set the standard in providing solutions that optimize satisfaction, service, cost, and quality in the healthcare industry. We are the premier Pharmacy Benefits Management solution!
How to Apply: