Company: Mazda North American Operations
Job Title: Compensation Analyst
Location: Irvine, CA
The Compensation Analyst supports (and may lead) the development, implementation, education, communication and administration of compensation programs at MNAO; including base salary, incentive programs, methodology, benchmarking, pay programs, pay policies and provides guidance to Mazda’s Total Rewards approach.
This position is the lead on various compensation projects and is the subject matter expert for the compensation programs. This position provides guidance to the HR Business Partners and Business Unit Managers on compensation recommendations, decisions, policies and programs. This role works closely with the Director of Total Rewards to provide support on incentive and recognition plan design and administration of executive compensation programs.
Job Duties and Responsibilites:
- · Provides subject matter expertise in educating and communicating the purpose and benefits of MNAO's compensation philosophy and programs; providing guidance and rationale to HR Business Partners, leaders and managers as needed
- · Partners with HR Business Partnership team and managers on job evaluations and job descriptions, pay programs, pay policies and any other compensation-related matters
- · Leads and collaborates in the development of workshops for new managers and conducts workshops
- · Provides guidance and training to other HR professionals and leaders related to compensation
- · Participates in compensation surveys and ensures competitive pay practices are maintained.
- · Collaborates with external vendors to develop and/or administer compensation programs or systems
- · Conducts moderate to complex data analysis of all levels of MNAO's jobs relative to market, internal equity, pay practices, etc., to understand MNAO’s competitiveness and effectiveness in the market
- · Reviews MNAO's Compensation Programs, and provides recommendations for enhancements and improvements to programs
- · Conducts job evaluations to determine the appropriate pay grade and FLSA job classification
- · Provides guidance on job descriptions to help ensure clear, comprehensive, accurate and up-to-date descriptions
- · Develops and conducts program audits (EEO, FLSA, etc.) to ensure compliance
- · Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or other related area of study, or equivalent combination of education and/or five years of direct experience in compensation
- · Five years of work experience in Human Resources
- · Three years of direct experience in compensation is required
- · Training/Certifications: CCP or other compensation certification preferred
About the Company:
The creation, manufacturing and marketing of exciting cars doesn’t happen by accident. It happens through the efforts of thousands of people dedicated to innovation, creativity and excellence.
If you’d like to be one of those people, we’d love to hear from you. We’re always on the lookout for skilled, energetic people who can jump in and help out in a wide range of skill areas.
How to Apply:
Please apply online at www.mazdausa.com Thank you for your interest!