Job Responsibilities and Duties:
Job Title: Compensation Analyst
Location: Santa Monica, CA
TrueCar is currently seeking a Compensation Analyst in our Total Rewards function. This individual will report directly to the VP, Total Rewards and will support the development, implementation and administration of TrueCar’s compensation policies and programs, designing and managing our merit, annual and long term incentive plans, and building our compensation procedures and infrastructure.
- Reviews proposed salary adjustments for conformance to established guidelines, policies and practices. Reviews requests for new or revised classifications to determine appropriate salary grade assignment.
- Reviews new hire offers and assists in negotiating compensation packages.
- Prepares job descriptions, creates job profiles and partners with the HR Operations team in creating a job classification system.
- Maintains salary structure.
- Provides project management for the company’s broad based compensation programs including merit, annual incentive, long term incentive, and sales incentive programs.
- Supports the VP, Total Rewards and the EVP, Chief Human Resource Officer in managing the company’s executive compensation programs and preparing materials for the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors. May prepare special studies and recommendations on subjects such as incentive compensation, bonus plans, sales compensation or stock options.
- Support the design and administration of Dealer Sales Incentive plan
- Develop and maintain job leveling/job architecture to deliver role-specific salary, bonus and equity ranges and more insight into career path/advancement.
- Evaluate jobs and the application of existing job classifications, assignment of job levels, salary ranges and FLSA status to positions. Make recommendations for revisions and/or changes
- Complete annual compensation surveys and audit survey output, market trends and competitive pay positions to ensure TrueCar’s compensation plans meet overall company goals and objectives
- Provide subject matter expertise, consultation to HR Business Partners, senior leaders and Talent Acquisition regarding compensation issues, evaluation of new positions, job bands, grade levels, job descriptions, promotions and transfers
- Develop compensation communication and training materials for both managers and employees
- Build compensation processes and work flows for both ongoing and annual compensation events
- Ensure that TrueCar’s compensation and benefit plans comply with all laws and regulations (e.g. ERISA, Affordable Care Act), and that SOX processes and controls are in place to ensure ongoing compliance
- May perform other duties as required.
- Minimum of 5 years' relevant total rewards experience
- High-level market benchmarking expertise, with a deep understanding of Radford compensation practices and surveys.
- Expert level Excel skills.
- Demonstrate understanding of current regulatory and statutory requirements governing compensation administration.
- Familiarity with Workday
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Experience implementing and supporting merit and bonus programs
- High level of professional integrity.
- Creative problem solving skills and ability to think strategically and objectively
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way and to tailor key messages and presentation style to multiple audiences
About the Company:
TrueCar is a digital automotive marketplace dedicated to being the most transparent brand in the industry. TrueCar shows consumers what others paid for the car they want, so they can recognize a fair price. Users receive upfront pricing information when they connect with TrueCar Certified Dealers, allowing them to enjoy a more confident buying experience. TrueCar operates its own site and powers car-buying programs for over 500 companies, including some of the most trusted brands in the world such as USAA, AARP and American Express. TrueCar has a network of over 14,000 Certified Dealers and currently, over one third of all new car buyers engage with the TrueCar network during their purchasing process.
How to Apply: