Company: Reliance Steel & Aluminum
Job Title: Benefits Administrator
Location: Los Angeles CA
The Benefits Administrator works closely with the Senior Rewards Manager and is responsible for administering the company’s retirement, health, and welfare benefits plans, including medical, pharmacy, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short and long-term disability, EAP, and flexible spending accounts.
As subject matter expert on our plans and associated rules, you will provide in-depth knowledge on benefits, policies, processes, and compliance.
You will collaborate with HR representatives, plan administrators, benefits consultants/actuaries, and carriers to ensure we have attractive, effective, and comprehensive benefits plans for all domestic employees.
Additionally, you will keep up with market trends and best practices for corporate employee benefits and share your strategic insights with leadership and business partners.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advise local HR administrators and employees of benefits options and elections, plan design, and eligibility rules
- Coordinate benefit elections with the HR administrators and payroll processors
- Coordinate annual open enrollment systems and initiatives
- Collaborate with and train local leaders and HR administrators to provide benefit plan interpretation, guidance, and counsel to employees and effective use the benefits administration system
- Work with service providers and consultants on planning and benefit program interpretation
- Oversee outsourced services and act as a liaison between local HR representatives, participants, and benefits plan providers
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or a related field required
- Four years’ experience designing and administering large, self-funded, and fully insured corporate health and welfare plans including medical, prescription, dental, vision, FSA, disability and life insurance, Health Savings Accounts, and 401(k) retirement plans
- Four years’ experience with federal and state regulations, including filing and compliance requirements impacting health and welfare plans (ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, Medicare, and ACA Healthcare, etc.)
- Solid analytical, verbal and written communication skills with strong proficiency in Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint
- Experience in working with HR benefits software
- Experience at an employee benefits consulting firm or medical plan carrier
- Qualified and non-qualified retirement plan experience
- CEBS (Certified Employee Benefits Specialist) designation
About the Company:
Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co. (NYSE:RS) is the largest metals service center company in North America employing more than 15,000 people. Through a network of 300+ locations in 40 states and 13 countries, Reliance provides industry leading metals processing and distributes 100,000+ metal products to 125,000+ clients across a broad range of industries.
Reliance was founded in 1939 as a small, local distributor of steel reinforcing bar in Los Angeles, CA. Since our IPO in 1994, Reliance has completed more than 55 acquisitions to become the largest metals service center in North America. We were listed on the Fortune 500 in 2007.
More than 75 years since our humble beginnings, we continue to celebrate, affirm, and practice our core values in our business and local communities.
How to Apply:
Please send resume to: